Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Dessert

Last week, I went to a bbq and we had this amazing dessert... and I just had to make it for my husband!

I found it on yummly!

20 chocolate sandwich cookies (cream filled, divided)
2 tbsps butter (margarine melted)
8 ozs cream cheese (softened)
12 cup peanut butter cups
1 12 cups powdered sugar (divided)
16 ozs cool whip (carton cool whip thawed and divided)
15 miniature peanut butter cups (chopped)
1 cup milk (cold)
4 ozs instant pudding mix (chocolate fudge)
1Put 16 cookies in a heavy duty zip-lock bag and crush (I use a rolling pin).
2Pour crumbs into a bowl; add butter and toss to coat.
3Press crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square dish.
4In a bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth.
5Fold in half of the Cool Whip.
6Spread over crust.
7Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
8In another bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining powdered sugar on low for 2 minutes.
9Fold in the rest of the Cool whip.
10Spread over the peanut butter cups.
11Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle over the top.
12Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.

The only changes I made was I skipped the 3/4 cup of powdered sugar in the chocolate pudding mixture. I also sprinkled half of the pb cups on top along with the crushed oreos! It was perfect! I also served this frozen. Turned out just like ice cream cake! This is a definite keeper!!

I did choose to use all fat free/reduced fat items... so it was a bit healthier! :) Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment