Saturday, November 12, 2011

Book Review: The Jesus Experience

I received the book The Jesus Experiment by Bill Perkins from Tyndale Publishing for review. Bill Perkins is a very open about the struggles he faced, and still faces when it comes to living a life like Jesus. This book is a 12-week "experiment" to see how you can transform your own life to be more like Jesus. The book covers the main concepts: What Jesus Did in Private, What Jesus Did in Public, and What Jesus did with People. The book is broken down to 1 chapter a week. I really liked Bill Perkins' set of questions he asks in all situations:

1. How would Jesus feel in this situation?
2. What would Jesus think in this situation?
3. What would Jesus say in this situation?
4. What would Jesus do in this situation?
5. How do I feel in this situation?
6. What am I thinking in this situation?
7. What am I saying in this situation?
8. What am I doing in this situation?

I really liked the examples he gave of both his own experiences and within the Bible. He also includes a set of questions at the end of each chapter. I would recommend this book as a study tool for small groups. It would be a lot more fun to have people to discuss these concepts with, instead of doing the experiment alone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment