Sunday, November 27, 2011

Book Review: A Woman's Guide to Fasting

I received the book A Woman's Guide to Fasting from Bethany House Publishing for review. I absolutely loved the book! I wish I had read it prior to trying to do a 21 day Daniel Fast. Lisa Nelson does a great describing her experiences with various types of faster, from 1 day to 40 day fasts. She describes no food, liquids only, Daniel fast, and other modifications she has incorporated. Fasting isn't just about the food, or lack there of, but also the spiritual aspect of fasting as well. I really enjoyed Lisa Nelson's voice and practical advice. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who is interesting in learning more about how to fast. I will definitely try again in the future using the tips provided in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment