1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
1/3 cup golden raisins
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Heat the oil in a 5-quart saucepot over medium high heat. Add the chicken in batches and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the saucepot.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions, pepper and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until they're tender-crisp. Add the cinnamon and curry and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the saucepot. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Stir the raisins and chickpeas in the saucepot. Cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the almonds.
- used 1 white onion instead of 2 red onions
- used 1 chicken breast sliced in half instead of thighs. The perfect amount for me and my husband.
- used 2 jalapeno peppers instead of green peppers
- used regular raisins instead of the golden kind
- skipped the slivered almonds because I didn't have any...
- I did add 1.5 cup of cauliflower for the last 10 minutes, and it came out delicious! I didn't have to dirty an extra pot to make the veggie and it gave the cauliflower great flavor!
If you use 2 chicken breasts, this will serve 4! I served the stew on top of plain couscous. It was absolutely delicious!