Monday, February 28, 2011

Book Review: God's Promises Devotional Journal


One of my main reasons for requesting God's Promises Devotional Journal is because I have been struggling to find ways to journal during my quiet time. First of all, I love the design of this journal! The writing is in green ink, and the pages of a very relaxing leaf design.

The book is a 365 day devotional/journal, starting on January 1st. I am a bit torn about having the dates actually written in the devotional, but it does provide an accountability to do a devotional everyday. Each page includes the date, a scripture, a devotional passage, and a question and a response section. Examples of questions:
April 27 - "When were some times God's protection has delivered you from trouble?"
July 9 - "Can you recall some times in your life that God came through for you, even if you gave up hope in Him?"

Great questions to think about!

This book incorporates scripture of all the wonderful promises from God and devotionals written by many leading Christian authors. I really enjoy the diversity in writing styles and topics. I would highly recommend this journal as a gift for new believers or anyone who is struggling to make time for quiet times. This should not completely replace quiet times, but definitely a great supplement!

I received this book from booksneeze.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment