Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recipe: Cranberry-Orange Scones

I found this recipe on: Obsessed With Baking Blog


Ingredients:
2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar (I added 4 tbsps for a bit more sweetness)
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup heavy cream 
zest of one orange



Directions I followed:
Step 1: Place all ingredients except for heavy cream in food processor... and pulse about 12 times or so. 
Step 2: Pour cream in slowly and mix... next time, I will use the KitchenAid Mixer.
Step 3: Cut dough in half. Make into ball, flatten into about 1/2 inch thick or so and slice into 8 pieces. 
Step : Bake at 425 degrees for 12-14 minutes on un-greased baking sheet.


I liked this recipe because it didn't require too many ingredients, and it was sooo easy to make! One modification I would make is to put an orange glaze on top for that extra zest! :o) Yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment