Sunday, March 4, 2012

Book Review: A Sound Among the Trees

I received A Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner for review from Blogging For Books (Water Brook Publishing). Marielle, a woman from the desserts of Phoenix, marries a man from Fredericksburg, VA. She moves into his previous wife's family's house, a mansion from the Civil War era, with his 2 kids and his former wife's grandmother.

The book is broken down into multiple sections, each being a part of the house. The events all occur in that portion of the house. The book is not a Christian novel but I still enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the interesting family dynamic. I think many blended families, especially the mom figures can appreciate this book. It's an easy read. This book definitely makes me want to brush up on my history of the Civil War!!

No comments:

Post a Comment