Saturday, September 17, 2011

Book Review: The Power of a Praying Wife

I was able to get a copy of The Power of a Praying Wife from church during our last Work Day. I had heard only great things about the book, so I decided to give it a try... and now I know why!! This book is wonderful! It is broken down to 30 small chapters that can be read in 10 minutes each covering a variety of topics. Each chapter includes a prayer and couple verses that relate to the topic. Stormie does a great job explaining why we need to pray for our husband in these areas, but also in a way which causes you to see the flaws in your own life and areas where you need to pray for yourself as well! She is very open and has some amazing testimonies of how prayer has changed not only her and her husband's lives and marriage, but lives and marriages of other couples who were struggling with difficult life and marriage issues!

I HIGHLY recommend this book for EVERY wife and wife to be! Whether getting married in a month, just married or married for 20 years! This is a great way to spiritually support your marriage. With society the way it is... we can use every tool in our tool belt!

I look forward to reading some of Stormie's other books:
- The Power of a Praying Parent
- The Power of a Praying Woman
- The Power of a Praying Husband (I want my husband to read that one! :)

If I could give this book 10 starts out of 5, I would! There should be a copy of this book in every household!!! I hope this book will bless you and your marriage as much as it did for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment